Happy New Year! We are three days in to 2014, so it’s time I get my resolutions in order. My main goal this year is to simplify my life. I really want to de-stress, de-clutter, and just have fun. Whether this means taking on less or just managing my time better, I really want want to take advantage of every second in 2014. It’s a new year and the possibilities are endless. What are your 2014 resolutions?
1. Get organized- I’m somewhat of a neat freak, but I find that when I get really busy I’m very forgetful. My goal this year is to slow down and take the time to plan out my days accordingly (hence my new planner),so things don’t slip my mind. I also need to work on a filing system for my bills, important papers, etc.
2. Drink more water– I am so bad about drinking water. I really don’t enjoy drinking it and find myself going 3 or 4 days without one sip of water. This is such a bad and unhealthy habit that I am really trying to break.
3. Clean up my computer/inbox– I’m such a hoarder when it comes to my computer. I’m so afraid to delete anything, that my desktop is filled with old documents and pictures that take up valuable space. I really need to archive my old files and back up my computer so I can make room for new stuff.
4. Take a vacation somewhere tropical– I have been saving up my reward points at work and I can’t wait to cash them in for a tropical getaway. I’m not sure where I’l go, but it definitely involves warmer weather.
5. Worry less– Someone once told me that worrying will never change the outcome and it’s so true. Why waste time worrying about things you cannot change?
6. Eat less meat– I have tried being vegetarian before and it never lasts. I don’t know that I will ever be able to give up meat permanently, but I certainly can decrease the amount I eat. I think there are great health benefits to being vegetarian, so I plan on adding more raw vegetables to my diet and partaking in “Meatless Mondays.”
7. Save more– I’m pretty good at budgeting my money and never spend more than I can afford, but I could work on saving more. I’ve already set up my budget for the year and now I just need to stick to it!
8. Blog more– Blogging can be hard to do when you have a full time job, but I really want to make time to create more content and spend more time blogging in 2014.
9. Spend more time outside– I definitely don’t spend enough time outside. Once the weather gets a bit warmer, I am going to make an effort to get out more.
10. Be positive– It’s easy to get upset when things don’t go your way, but instead of getting mad and holding a grudge, I’m going to try and have a more positive outlook. Just like worrying, getting mad doesn’t change the situation either, so why bother? I’m looking forward to a happier 2014!